Post 3: My Favorite Movie

My favorite movie is "Reservoir Dogs", by Quentin Tarantino. The reason why I love this movie it's because it shows the best creative phase of this director, in wich he didn't focus on the gore nor the action of violence itself, but on the plot, using graphic violence just as a tool to increase realism. 



 

Having stated this, I think is pretty obvious that I like the Crime genre. Admiring almost every film of this director (except for the last ones) and other classic crime films such as: The Godfather, Scarface, Man Bites Dog, Pulp Fiction, León: The Professional, Seven, among others.

The last movie I saw it's very old. It's called "They Live" and it's about a homeless hitchiker who finds a set of glasses that allow him to discover an horrible truth: human kind has been succesfully dominated by an alien civilization that has secretly ocuppied every place of power or economic prosperity in society, as well as the mass media. 

It's truly an insane movie, that reflects perfectly the nature of an opressive and minority ruled modern society. I totally recommend it. 


Comentarios

  1. Hi Juan, I really think Quentin Tarantino movies are incredible. In fact, one of my favorite movies of him, as you mentioned, is Pulp Fiction. And the last movie you saw seems interesting to me, when I have time I will see it.
    Greetings :)

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Post 4: My Future Job

Post 6: Summer Plans