Post 4: My Future Job


Immediately after my egress, I would like to get the new major on criminology and management of citizen security that the Institute of Public Matters is now offering throw one of its dependencies: The Center of Studies on Citizen Security.

The reason why I want to get this major is mainly because I like the topics involved, like police management, criminal justice management or social reinsertion policies, but also because it offers lots of capacitation on methods and instruments of scientific investigation. I think this would be useful to have an early development on the academic area, before actually entering the public sector.



This, of course, would also mean the chance to travel to other countries in search of further knowledge.

Now, about my job itself, once I've known more about these things, I would like to work on a ministry, such as the Justice and Human Rights Ministry or the Public Safety Ministry, so I can personally endorse a change on the state's response from within the institutions. If this weren’t possible, I think I would stay on the academic area and just do investigations for any foundation or non-governmental organization.

In terms of salary, probably the first job would be way better.

In any case, It would be a classic indoors/office job, so I should be prepared for the implications of this on my future lifestyle.

Greetings.

Comentarios

  1. Hello Juan, I find very interesting what you mention about the specialty of criminology and public security management, although I had already heard about it (since it is a very new specialty) I never paid much attention to it, I think it is a very interesting area where to focus our profession, be sure that after reading your publication I will find more information about that specialty.
    Kisses.


    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hello Juan, that area is very important, I have been investigating the police and it's crucial to carry out public policies successfully. Very interesting. Greetings.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Post 6: Summer Plans

Post 3: My Favorite Movie